At Louise Walsh Academy of Irish dancing we take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our pupils by complying with the General Data Protection regulation (GDPR). We fully appreciate and respect the importance of data protection and security on the Internet.
By using The Louise Walsh Academy website, mobile applications or otherwise providing your personal information to Louise Walsh Academy of Irish dance, you agree to the collection, use and sharing of your information in accordance with this statement.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully, should you have any queries in respect of this statement or our use of personal data, please contact [email protected]
This Policy explains:
- what information we collect
- how we use your information
- Information Sharing & Retention
- our approach to sensitive personal information
- Access to your information
- How we communicate changes to this Policy
- Contact details
Your personal data
Louise Walsh Academy is committed to protecting your privacy and your personal data. When you visit Louise Walsh Academy website, attend a class, event, use our online services, or contact us through any channels, we may need to obtain and store your personal data, in order to assist you best.
This may include your home address, email address, telephone number, next of kin and medical history.
This policy sets out why we require this data, how we store and use your data, and your legal rights to amend or remove your data.
How Do We Collect Information from You?
Information that we collect from and about you is obtained in the following ways:
- By users signing up to receive e-newsletters, a short online sign-up form requests your email address.
- For pupils joining Louise Walsh Academy of Irish dance, you will be asked to provide more information This data is collected either, by telephone via a paper membership application form or email including
-Personal details – Name, Email address, postal address, telephone number,
- Medical Information
We will also collect information from you when placing a school uniform order or when entering your child into a dancing competition.
Information we collect when you contact us
We will collect personal information about you when you contact us by telephone, e-mail, or via social media. ( Facebook, twitter, Instagram) If you wish for this data to be deleted/ removed from our records please let us know by emailing [email protected]
How We Use Your Information
The information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- We will use your email address and/or postal address/ Mobile number to contact you with news about Louise Walsh Academy Irish Dance, to inform you about future events, or to let you know about class timetables and changes.
- We may also send you other occasional communications about Louise Walsh Academy of Irish Dance, products, or upcoming activities, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- For our internal records
- Any sensitive information obtained such as medical information, next of kin may be used to contact you in the event of an emergency situation. This will only be used to ensure your Childs safety and well-being whilst participating in one of our classes.
- To contact you with marketing communications if you explicitly gave us permission to do so.
You have the right to change or revoke this consent at any time. If you want to change the details that you have registered with us, or would like to amend your preferences or opt out, this can be changed at any point by contacting [email protected]
We will not share your data with third parties in any way and under any circumstances, unless with your consent or if required to do so by law.
Personal information retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Sensitive Personal Information
When participating in a class, we may ask for sensitive personal data, such as medical history, or emergency contact details for a next of kin. This will only be used to ensure your childs safety and wellbeing when participating in one of our classes or events.
We do not seek to collect sensitive personal information (i.e. information relating to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual orientation or criminal records). We ask that you do not provide such information to us.
Louise Walsh Academy is committed to keeping personal information secure. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical procedures designed to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. We limit access to personal information to those who have a business need. We keep personal information only for so long as deemed reasonably necessary.
Access to information - subject access request
You have certain rights in relation to personal information that we hold about you. These include the right to request access to your personal information, to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
You have the right to access information we hold about you, and we will provide you with an initial copy free of charge.
Please note, we may charge a small amount as an administration charge in the event of access requests that are excessive or repetitive. For further information go to www.ico.com and search for ‘Right of access’
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at [email protected]
Our website may place a text file called a "cookie" in the browser files of your computer. These cookies help make our website easier to use. For example, a cookie may be used to store or "remember" your Member login information (but not your password) so that you are not required to manually log into the site at every visit. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use some of our Services.
www.irish-dancing.webs.com collect non-personally identifiable data about users of our website using small files placed on your computer that are known as cookies. These cookies collect data about how you use and interact with the website – such as which pages are visited, and how long for.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHILDRENS ONLINE PRIVACY
Our website is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 on our site. All products and services are directed to people who are at least 13 years or older.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy, and if the changes are significant, we may provide you with additional notice such as adding a statement to our website and social media pages or sending you an e-mail with the update.
Please check this Policy regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.